Questions about your next move with on hold messages, music, or VoIP greetingshelp_outlinequestion_answer
help Message on Hold Q's
- What is Message On Hold?keyboard_arrow_downMessage On Hold is customized music and message announcements delivered through your telephone hold circuit; thereby, using the on hold circuit of a phone system to play audio content for callers to hear while parked on hold or being transferred. (Equipment is available which also makes this possible for 2, 3, or 4 line telephones.) Message on hold is also known by a variety of other names and terms. You may have heard of this concept as marketing on hold, on hold messaging, ads on hold, music on hold, image on hold, sales on hold, customer on hold, phone on hold, on hold advertising, captive audience phone marketing, on hold plus, voice on hold, etc… But the bottom line is, whatever you call it, message on hold can be a powerful communication tool for you to speak directly to your callers. By the way, we prefer being called sound results on hold!
- How does it work?keyboard_arrow_down
- Do callers hear the same message every time they're on hold?keyboard_arrow_down
- What is a message on hold "program"?keyboard_arrow_down
- What can on hold music and messaging do for my company?keyboard_arrow_down
- Why should my company get an on-hold system?keyboard_arrow_down
help On Hold Equipment Q’s
- What kind of equipment is required?keyboard_arrow_downAlmost all phone systems are (moh) or music on hold compatible, however some still require a separate digital playback device to broadcast the audio program on hold and provide a method to conveniently update new audio programs to the system. The industry is constantly evolving when it comes to messaging equipment. There are a variety of systems available with different features that offer unique advantages. Audio programs are loaded to the equipment on compact disc, memory storage devices, digital remote load and IP internet loaded systems. All of the systems we use employ digital playback providing you the most consistent and best sounding audio response. There are a handful of manufacturers who specialize in the on hold industry. As an equipment solution provider, we have relationships with most of these manufacturers so that we can provide the best equipment and products to meet our clients’ needs.
- Do I need to purchase equipment from you to use this service?keyboard_arrow_down
- What types of equipment are available?keyboard_arrow_down
- What if I already have my own equipment?keyboard_arrow_down
- What happens if my equipment breaks or is damaged?keyboard_arrow_down
help Telephone Equipment Q's
- Will it work on my telephone system?keyboard_arrow_downYes. We can work with your telephone system to find a way to provide you our service. Most phone systems are moh (music on hold) compatible without any additional interface hardware needed. If you have any concerns or questions regarding compatibility with your own telephone system, please call and we can help. We’ll use our resources to do some research for you and let you know the specifics of your telephones system’s capabilities.
- But, I have a really old phone system?keyboard_arrow_down
- I have no phone system just a basic 2 line office telephone?keyboard_arrow_down
- How does it hook up to my phones?keyboard_arrow_down
- Will it work with an IP phones system?keyboard_arrow_down
help VoIP Q's
- What is VoIP?keyboard_arrow_downVoIP stands for voice over internet protocol. It’s the method for transferring telephone voice service over the intranet and internet. Therefore, phones in your office can be hosted by a central control box located on site like a traditional PBX or controlled somewhere offsite (in the Cloud) on a hosted provider server. That offsite control box might be called many different things; such as, hosted PBX, cloud based, hosted VoIP, virtual PBX, etc.
- What messages or music can be used with VoIP?keyboard_arrow_down
- Will it work on My VoIP phones?keyboard_arrow_down
- Do I need any extra equipment or an external player for my VoIP system?keyboard_arrow_down
- What’s better for premise based VoIP systems, an external player or a file upload?keyboard_arrow_down
help IVR Q's - UNDER CONSTRUCTION
help Voice Q's
- What kind of voices are used?keyboard_arrow_downA pool of professional voice talents is used to voice your custom messages. Specialty voices, character voices, accents and foreign language talents are also available. Our experienced staff will help match the style and type of voice to best match your image and meet your needs. Click here for our voice demo pagemic to preview some of our talents.
- Can I use my own voice on hold?keyboard_arrow_down
- Do you have Spanish-speaking voice talents available?keyboard_arrow_down
help Music Q's
- How often can I change the background music?keyboard_arrow_downOur unique system is designed to give you complete control of your on hold messaging experience so that you can change and update your music as desired. We provide you the flexibility to update your music as needed whenever it is needed, especially during holidays.
- What kind of music is available?keyboard_arrow_down
- Can I use our jingle for the music?keyboard_arrow_down
help Music licensing legality Q’s
- Why can’t I just play the radio on hold?keyboard_arrow_downYou would be breaking the law unless you acquire a license to rebroadcast the music. The law does not allow any unauthorized rebroadcast of radio music for the benefit of your business. You can find more information on this from the major licensing organizations such as ASCAP, SESAC and BMI. Also, your callers may not like your choice of radio stations. They might also be hearing your competitor’s ads, receive poor reception (static), and be subjected to annoying DJ's. The best reason for not using radio is that you lose control over the subject matter your callers hear and miss out on an opportunity to communicate with your callers.
Please Note: The performance of music over telephone lines is defined as a public performance under U.S. Copyright laws. Accordingly, in order for the performance of copyright protected music to be lawful, the copyright owners or their representatives must license it to the user. AMS Music, BMI, and ASCAP are the three largest US representatives for music copyright owners, and they actively enforce the provisions of this law. Copyright infringement fines range from $500 to $150,000 each time it is played.
- Why can’t I just play my favorite music on hold?keyboard_arrow_down
help Messages and Script Writing Q's
- Who writes the script?keyboard_arrow_downOur experienced staff of writers will compose a program designed specifically for your business. Copy writing is included as part of our service. Our staff of writers will create custom messages from any resource material that you provide; company brochures, print ads, newsletters, web sites and our industry files. However, you can get involved in the writing process as much or as little as you want. Some companies prefer to provide us with their complete copy.
- How do you write my custom messages?keyboard_arrow_down
- How often should I change my on-hold message?keyboard_arrow_down
- Are on hold messages eligible for co-op advertising?keyboard_arrow_down
help Pricing Q's
- How much does Message On Hold cost?keyboard_arrow_downOur service rates are based on a subscription service agreement and packages are available based on the level of services you desire. Standard rates typically range from $49 to $89 a month. We also have separate production rates and equipment pricing available. Please contact a representative for a rate guide or custom quote today. Or, fill out our request form here. Quote Request create
- What are my payment options?keyboard_arrow_down
- Do you take credit cards?keyboard_arrow_down
help MOH Stats and Studies Q’s
- Is on hold messaging a proven form of advertising?keyboard_arrow_down
Numerous market studies have confirmed that message on hold is one of the most effective forms of advertising available.
fiber_manual_record Callers stay on the line up to 25% longer when provided with On Hold Messaging versus "dead air" or "background music," and up to 17% longer than radio. - Infomax, Inc.
fiber_manual_record 88% of callers surveyed want to hear product information on-hold and will stay on the line longer if provided with this information - roughly 20% said that they have purchased additional products based on information they heard while on-hold - SALES & MARKETING MANAGEMENT.
fiber_manual_record Jefferson Denneandrus, a research firm, found when callers were presented with On Hold Messaging versus silence or a radio commercial they would stay on hold longer, they were more likely to exhibit interest in the product advertised, they were more likely to retain information, and they were less agitated.
fiber_manual_record 88% of callers preferred on-hold messages to other hold options, and 16 - 20% made a purchase based on an on-hold offer - Stan Rapp and Tom Collins of MAXIMARKETING.
- Do you have any statistical data concerning on hold advertising?keyboard_arrow_down
- Is there evidence of the effectiveness of on hold messaging?keyboard_arrow_down
- How does it compare to other advertising mediums?keyboard_arrow_down
help Sound Results (About Us) Q's
- What other services do you provide?keyboard_arrow_downSound Results, LLC offers a wide array of audio products and services. Of course our main focus is providing an outstanding message on hold service. In addition, we do offer many other audio production services that will compliment your on hold service. We have available a variety of audio services: background music service, in-store promotional messages, voicemail greetings, telephone auto attendant recordings, hotel wake up messages, various promotional audio services, telephone after hours announcements, professional voicing of telephone prompts and web site audio messages.
- Why should I buy from Sound Results?keyboard_arrow_down
- How long have you been in business?keyboard_arrow_down
- Does Sound Results offer any guarantees?keyboard_arrow_down
- How do I order your on hold messaging service?keyboard_arrow_down
help Other Frequently Asked Q's
- What other services do you provide?keyboard_arrow_downSound Results, LLC also offers a wide array of other audio products and services. Of course our main focus is providing an outstanding phone message on hold service. In addition, we do offer many other audio production services that will compliment your on hold service. A variety of audio services like streaming background music, in-store promotional messages, voicemail greetings, telephone auto attendant recordings, hotel wake up messages, various promotional audio services, telephone after hours announcements, professional voicing of telephone prompts, voice over for promotional videos and web site audio messages are also available.
- Do you have experience in my industry?keyboard_arrow_down
- Where can I hear a demo?keyboard_arrow_down
- Can you work with businesses outside of the US?keyboard_arrow_down
- What if we need the service at multiple locations?keyboard_arrow_down
- With so many on hold options how do I know you are right for us?keyboard_arrow_down
- How does the Free, no obligation 30 day trial work?keyboard_arrow_down
help Questions You Should be Asking
- fiber_manual_record What am I currently spending my marketing budget on?
- And am I getting results?
- fiber_manual_record Am I reaching my target audience with my current marketing efforts?
- fiber_manual_record What am I doing to build my company's image?
- fiber_manual_record Do I easily provide relevant information to my callers today?
- (directions, service hours, web address...)
- fiber_manual_record What is my current phone on-hold etiquette?
- (Silent treatment. Boring music, an illegal radio broadcast)